What is the function of a pressure relief valve?
Pressure relief valves (also called excess pressure valves) are designed to relieve pressure when a fluid exceeds a predefined limit. Their purpose is to avoid excess pressure in the system they protect, as well as to provide a safeguard against the failure of equipment or tubing due to excess pressure.
If you are looking for valves like these, you will be pleased to know that at Valfonta we have been manufacturing and distributing this type of relief or excess pressure valve for many years, for a wide variety of installations, and our experience provides the best guarantee possible. We study each system carefully, as well as any special requirements or requests that you may have, until we find the optimal solution and the most appropriate valve for your installation.
What types of pressure relief valves will you find in our catalogue?
- Pressure relief valves (spring loaded model – S3): the relief valve serves to relieve the upstream pressure by controlling the set pressure. This model is suitable for use with steam, gas (groups 1 and 2) and liquids.
- Excess pressure valve (models PRV53 / PRV54):: these are valves that open and expel excess pressure when it exceeds the set value. This model is suitable for use with liquids, gases or vapours. They are made of AISI 316L stainless steel.
- Excess pressure valve (model PRV55): this is a valve with the same function as the previous ones, but in this case the regulation is carried out by a diaphragm. Designed for use in a long list of applications such as chemical laboratories, sanitary plants, compressed air, sprinkler systems, steam plants, distilleries, dry cleaners…
- Excess pressure valve (model S1): well-suited to steam, compressed air, gases and non-hazardous liquids. It offers a very fast response. It has a regulation range of between 0.5 and 15 bar scaled in various actuators.
- Excess pressure valve (Model S2): this model is typically used to maintain the valve inlet pressure at its set point. When it rises above this point, the valve opens proportionally to stabilise the pressure. This series of regulators is suitable for compressed air, gases and non-hazardous liquids. For steam we recommend the S1 model.
If you have any doubts, please contact us and we will respond promptly. It is clear that this is a sector where being well-informed is indispensable so as not to make mistakes when it comes to choosing your pressure relief valve, and we want to help you and guide you throughout the purchasing process.